Sunday 28 March 2010

Task 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


An institution is the most essential part of my film. As well as a source of money it can also be seen as an advertising feature, as creditable institutions will give the film a boost in reputation.
There are many institutions which specialize in the thriller/horror genre who may be very interested in my film.
Platinum Dunes is an institution who are notorious for producing horror/thriller films, have been present in many thriller films, such as: The Amityville Horror, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, Friday the 13th and will be producing A Nightmare On Elm
Street in 2010. This institution would add a very creditable name to my film as they have produced such well known thriller films and to have my film added to their list would be very good if we wanted to make a sequel.
Another institution which may be interested are Fox Searchlight, a division of 20th Century Fox, established 1994. I believe they may be interested because they have produced some very well known films in many different genres, including: The Hills Have Eyes, Bend It Like Beckham and Little Miss Sunshine. Given that they produced Bend It Like Beckham I think they may be interested in my film as it is made in the UK and may be interested in adding thriller to their list of other genres.
I also think Twisted Pictures may be interested in my film as they produced all of the Saw films and my film is of the same genre, so they may be interested in adding my film to their list of films.
To conclude I think Fox Searchlight Pictures would be the best production company for my film as they have a very high budget as they can get money from 20th Century Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment